Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to Reality

Thanks to my oldest brother and his four new college friends, I fell asleep around three A.M., just to wake up two and a half hours later to rush out the door and head to school, something I was clearly NOT looking forward to. My brother and his friends left even earlier than we did for their ski trip, so I would have assumed they would have gone to bed quite early, but they did not. They decided to spend their time watching late-night, pointless TV, and being as loud as they wanted to be. The only one in my house not bothered by that was my other brother, who claimed he slept like a baby, just without the waking up every couple of hours.
When I finally dragged myself out of bed at 5:45 AM, I rushed to get my outfit and make-up on, and throw my hair up in to a messy bun. When I got out of my room, I realized I still had just about twenty minutes until we left, which actually made me surprisingly angry, which I am unaware still why I had gotten so upset.
School started out quite average, English class first period, boring as ever with vocabulary and words of Charles Dickens I hardly understood. Science came next. If I hadn't mentioned it before, I HATE that class, with a burning passion. We did a dumb, and quite frankly, pointless laboratory, in which we had to run up a flight of stairs, which is not surprisingly very hard to do on low, morning energy. Of course, crazy Mr. J had lots of energy to go around. After this, it was time to head to another one of the classes I despise. Think you could guess what subject that would be? I find the answer to obviously be, Algebra. Honors Algebra II, to be exact. The whole class is practically stuff I do not understand and make simple mistakes all of the time. The only bright side to this class is that I sit next to one of my best friends, Kevin. He is hilarious, there is no such thing as being in a bad mood when you are with him. Finally, I got to experience lunchtime, once again with Kevin, and a couple of my other good friends Trevor and Ben (Just a heads up, I know most of my friends are boys). Soon after, I had my favorite class of all, history class. My teacher is amazing and nice, the class is fun and really funny, and the work is very simple. What more could you want in a class? Just following history, I had Spanish class. I'll tell you about that another time, it's a long, annoying, and just dumb story. Finally, and I do mean finally, I had band! The easiest thing of the day, just kicking back doing one of my favorite things with my best band buddy right next to me cracking jokes the whole time. Now what could be better?
The worst thing about Mondays, besides the lack of sleep and energy, homework. I seem to get the most of it on Mondays, most likely because it's the day I have most of my homework-giving classes. So as soon as I got home, I alternated between homework, and cleaning my room. When I decided I was done for the day I watched a little television until I could finally get to my weekly dance class. Those are always loads of fun, once you subtract the pain to your feet at least. But that adds to the joy :). Anyway, I think you have heard enough of everyday life from me for now, haven't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment